How Much Are Braces in Namibia
What are Braces?
Braces is a device fitted to something, in particular a weak or injured part of the body, to give support.
Dental Braces are devices used in orthodontics that align and straightens the teeth and help position them with regard to a person’s bite, while also aiming to improve dental health.
Types of Dental Braces
There are five types of braces available currently;
1. Metal braces: These are the most common type of braces world-wild and have been around for over 100 years now. Metal braces are most popular among children and adolescent patients. Metal braces in the past were bulky and noticeable.
2. Ceramic braces: Ceramic braces are made of clear, tooth-coloured material. They work in the same way as metal braces but are most discreet and less visible. Ceramic braces are most popular among patients who do not think lingual braces are right for them, but who still want to straighten their teeth in a discreet and affordable way.
3. Self-Ligating brace: Self-ligating braces work similarly to metal and ceramic braces and are available in metal or ceramic material. The difference between self-ligation braces compared to metal or ceramic braces is that self-ligation braces use doors or chips to hold the wire in place, rather than elastic rubber ties.
- How Much is a Passport in Namibia?
- How Much Do Teachers Earn in Namibia?
- How Much Do Pilots Earn in Namibia?
- How Much Does A Lamborghini Cost In Namibia?
- How Much Do Social Workers Earn in Namibia?
4. Lingual braces: Lingual braces behind the teeth are the most specialized and least common orthodontic system on the market. They are completely invisible, full customized to your specific teeth.
5. Invisalign and Clear Aligners: Clear aligners are good for patients who had braces when they were younger and just need a “touch up”. They are clear and transparent, removable and allow for easier brushing and flossing.
How Much Do Braces Cost in Namibia 2022-2023?
Labial (normal braces) cases range between R15,540 up to R31,612.
Lingual braces range between R30,446 up to R15, 519.
Aligners range from R30,446 up to R51,519+.