Northcliff High School Fees | Application | Subjects 2024-2025
Located in Northcliff, Johannesburg, Northcliff High School is known for its academic prowess, diverse extracurricular activities, and commitment to producing well-rounded students. If Northcliff High School is on your consideration list for your child, here’s a guide to help you get acquainted.
For prospective Northcliff High School students and their families, the application process generally involves:
Visit the Official Northcliff High School Website: Get familiar with the school’s ethos, achievements, and what they offer.
Obtain the Application Form: Depending on availability, this could be downloaded online or collected from the school.
Prepare Required Documents: These might include:
A copy of the student’s birth certificate or passport.
Recent passport-sized photos.
The latest academic report.
Proof of residence.
Submit the Application: Depending on the school’s preference, this could be done in person, by mail, or electronically. Ensure any application fees are settled.
Interview or Assessment: The school might conduct an interview or academic assessment as part of the application evaluation.
Wait for Admission Notification: The school will review applications and notify parents of their decision.
Secure the Placement: If successful, there may be additional steps or payments to confirm the placement.
Orientation: New students are usually invited to an orientation session to familiarize themselves with the school environment and expectations.
Applications for Grade 8, 2024 will be managed by the Gauteng Department of Education (GDE) via their e-admissions online application system. Applications must be submitted during the application period via www.gdeadmissions.gov.za.
When a parent applies to a school for their child, the placement criteria is ranked as follows:
- Home address within the school€™s feeder zone
- Work address within the school€™s feeder zone
- Home address within a 30km radius
- Home address beyond a 30km radius
Required supporting documents for Grade 8 applicants:
- Certified copy of child€™s birth certificate
- Certified copies of parents€™ IDs or Passports
- Proof of home address (City of Johannesburg rates account <3 months old or current lease agreement)
- Proof of work address (if using your work address for the application)
- Learner€™s latest Grade 7 school report
- Refugee Permit/Asylum Seeker Permit/Permanent Residence Permit/Study Permit for non-South African Citizens only
Knowing the financial commitments associated with the school is essential:
Please be advised, that in terms of the SOUTH AFRICAN SCHOOLS ACT, 1996 (ACT NO 84 OF 1996), Northcliff High School is a Section 21 €“ Fees Collecting School
€‹The fees per learner will be set at a compulsory R49 900 per year. On acceptance, a payment of R5 500 will be required within 30 days.
R2 000 of the deposit will be credited towards your school fees for the following year and the remainder will go towards the once-off development levy. These costs would be for the parents€™ own account. Parents are responsible for purchasing their own books and/or iPads.
- Registration Fee: Usually, a one-time fee is charged during the application process.
- Tuition Fee: This covers the academic expenses for the entire year.
- Extracurricular Fee: Students participating in sports, arts, or other activities may have additional charges.
- Miscellaneous Fees: These may include costs for uniforms, textbooks, school trips, and other supplementary activities.
The fee structure can change annually. It’s recommended to refer to the school’s official website or contact the finance department for the latest details.
Courses and Subjects
Following the South African national curriculum, Northcliff High School offers a broad range of subjects:
- Foundation Phase (Grade 8-9):
- Core Subjects: English, Afrikaans or another second language, Mathematics, Life Orientation, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Economic and Management Sciences, and Technology.
- Elective Subjects: Offerings might vary but often include Visual Arts, Drama, and Music.
- Senior Phase (Grade 10-12):
- Compulsory Subjects: English, Afrikaans or another second language, Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy, and Life Orientation.
- Elective Subjects: Students can select from options such as Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Geography, History, Business Studies, Accounting, Visual Arts, Drama, Music, and others based on the school’s resources and offerings.
Northcliff High School
Tel: +27 11 476 1544
General Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Enquiries: email@example.com