Durban High School Fees | Application | Subjects 2024-2025
Durban High School (DHS) stands as one of the premier educational institutions in Durban, with a rich history dating back over a century. The school has long been a beacon of excellence, both in academics and extracurricular activities. Here’s a detailed guide to help prospective students and their parents get a grasp of what DHS has to offer.
Step 1 – Download the application form
Download the application form below and complete in full.
Step 2 – Upload the completed application form AND all supporting documents.
Please note: application forms will not be accepted unless ALL supporting documentation has been uploaded
List Of Required Documents to be uploaded:
- Durban High School Application for Admission
- Copies of latest December + Current Reports
- Previous School Fee Statement
- Two Original Colour Photographs
- Copy of Unabridged Birth Certificate
- Copies of IDs of both Parents
- Proof of Address
- Salary Advice (Both Parents)
- Bank Statements (Both Parents, reflecting salary)
- Official Guardianship Documentation (If applicable)
- Study Permit for International Applications
For those interested in joining the DHS family, here’s a simplified application process:
- Visit Durban High School’s Official Website: This gives you an initial insight into the school’s ethos, accomplishments, and offerings.
- Download the Application Form: If available online, download, print, and fill out the form. Otherwise, you might need to visit the school to collect it.
- Compile Necessary Documents: Typically, these include:
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate or passport.
- Recent passport-sized photographs.
- Latest academic reports or transcripts.
- Proof of residence.
- Submit the Application: This can be done either in person or via post, depending on the school’s preference. Remember to include the application fee if required.
- Attend the Interview: Some grades or application periods might necessitate an interview or assessment to gauge the student’s aptitude and compatibility with the school’s environment.
- Receive Admission Notification: Once your application has been reviewed, the school will notify you of their decision.
- Secure Your Spot: If successful, follow the school’s guidelines to confirm the admission, which might involve paying a deposit or the first term’s fees.
- Orientation: Before the school year commences, there’s typically an orientation session for newcomers. This helps students familiarize themselves with the school environment, staff, and fellow students.
Durban High School is dedicated to providing quality education, and the fees reflect the facilities, teaching standards, and opportunities offered to the students. The fees may vary based on the grade, and other factors.
- Registration Fee: Typically a one-time fee required during the application process.
- Tuition Fee: This covers the academic instruction for the year.
- Extracurricular Fee: Additional charges for those participating in sports, arts, or other extracurricular activities.
- Miscellaneous Fees: These might include uniforms, textbooks, trips, and other additional resources.
For an accurate and up-to-date fee structure, it’s advised to visit the school’s official website or contact the DHS administration.
Courses and Subjects
Durban High School follows the South African national curriculum, ensuring students are well-prepared for tertiary education and beyond.
- Foundation Phase (Grade 8-9):
- Core Subjects: English, Afrikaans or isiZulu (second language), Mathematics, Life Orientation, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Economic and Management Sciences, and Technology.
- Elective Subjects: Subject offerings can vary, but may include Visual Arts, Drama, and Music.
- Senior Phase (Grade 10-12):
- Compulsory Subjects: English, Afrikaans or isiZulu (second language), Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy, and Life Orientation.
- Elective Subjects: Depending on the resources and faculty, offerings might encompass Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Geography, History, Business Studies, Accounting, Visual Arts, Drama, and more
Durban High School remains an esteemed institution in KwaZulu-Natal, producing graduates who excel in various fields. For parents and students seeking an environment that melds tradition with modern education techniques, DHS is a worthy consideration. As always, for the most recent and detailed information, the school’s official channels remain the most reliable source.